Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Feeling flighty

Thursday -- Day 1
Delays...delays...delays. That's what the first day of my trip to Tucson to attend my cousin's wedding was full of!! I got up at the insanely early hour of 3:30 a.m. to be ready when my parents were supposed to pick me up at 5. (The husband didn't go this time. Tex sure was happy about that!) At 4:45 on the dot, I was dressed, packed and anxiously peeking out the window for their car to pull up in the driveway. I even took a few pics to pass the time:



Proof that I was not only ready on time, but early! That's a feat for habitually late me!




Self-portrait...you know you all take them! :)



Piper wanted to go too!

My mom failed to inform me that our flight was a little later than she thought, so they didn't end up getting to my house until 6 a.m. (Oh, to get that sleep back!) We loaded up my bag, I kissed my hubs and pup goodbye and we got on the road to make the 2-hour drive to catch our plane. (Flights are way too expensive at our airport!!)

I wasn't hungry at all until we got to the airport, so I tried to find something healthy and filling for breakfast. I didn't have to look too far...



Vanilla skinny latte (coffee is MANDATORY this early in the morning!)


And with these ingredients, I made one of my fav breakfasts -- a yogurt bowl!



Yum Yum!

Our flight was delayed due to bad weather in Dallas...boo! When we finally were able to board, I was feeling a little frazzled. No sleep, sinus meds and caffeine turn on the jitters! Plus, I'm not a huge fan of flying...at all. I guess it's something about being 30,000 feet or however high it is and not being able to turn off the ignition and get out if necessary. And have you ever tried to go to the bathroom?! Holy flush, Batman!

So, we got stuck on the runway for another 30 minutes before the pilot finally got us off the ground and on our way to Dallas. Due to the weather, (and inappropriately sharing all the details of his argument with the FAA over the speakers,) he took a different route. So what was supposed to be an hour and a half flight turned into three.


Get me out of here! Ha Ha!

We finally got to Dallas unscathed, but hungry. Thinking we didn't have much time before our next flight, we opted for takeout from TGI Friday's. (One of the places that had gluten-free items for my mom to eat.) Bunless burgers were recommended by the waitress, so we ordered those with side salads. I only ate half my burger though -- it was way too greasy! Blech. I didn't get a picture since we were wolfing down our food, but we soon learned there was no reason to...wait for it...yes, another delay. Good thing airports have fun gift shops! :)

We finally got to Tucson around 7:30, which is about 7 hours later than the time we were supposed to arrive. My aunt made us a beautiful filet mignon, rice and veggie dinner, but I was so tired, I barely had the energy to lift my fork, let alone take pictures. Not to mention the plane rides sent my sinuses into a tailspin...my face felt like a pressure cooker ready to pop! It was off to bed for me, with Sudafed in tow. We had some shopping to do the next day!

See my MAC makeover and how I kept a delicious Mexican meal properly portioned on Day 2 of my trip -- to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment