Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tuna time

Breakfast held me over incredibly well today. I wasn't hungry again until almost 11, so I ate a small snack to refuel before my workout:



7 celery sticks (yes, I'm weird and eat the leafy top too on the small, center pieces), and 2 tablespoons of Sabra Greek Olive Hummus. Fresh and filling!

I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical doing the weight-loss program (think lots of intervals), and rocked out to the likes of Black-Eyed Peas, FallOut Boy, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and a few other of my keep-on-going favorites. Thank goodness for iPods -- I don't know how I'd work out without one! After a quick gulp of water, I did some strength training: bicep curls, squats, arm raises, push ups and crunches. I upgraded to 8-lb weights from 5'ers...feelin' the extra burn for sure!

Lunch was this plate of deliciousness:



I made a healthier version of tuna salad with:
  • 2 oz. canned Starkist White Albacore tuna
  • 2 oz. Greek Gods plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • An onion quarter, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Diamond sliced almonds
  • 2 tablespoons Athenos basil & tomato feta cheese
  • Few dashes of salt, pepper and organic cumin
This was my first time subbing yogurt for mayo, and while the first couple bites were a little different for me (kind of like trying sushi for the first time), I started to embrace the new flavors.

I toasted two pieces of Ezekiel bread, cut them in half and topped them with the salad. Open face sandwiches, to me, helps not mask the tastiness of the inside.



Wanna bite? :)

JD got off work early today (yay!), so I think we are going to go run some errands before taking Tex out for his daily walk. I still have to do some cleaning too -- I got distracted by blog reading and reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond. :)

Will post dinner this evening!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited I can contribute good news and say something positive. You have to check out: www.houstonhcgmedical.com

    After the last 3 months or so, I feel as if I understand why I struggled with weight my entire life. We are all different and our bodies, family history and other factors play a huge role in how and where our bodies store fat.

    I started a program in September, with Doctor oversight, that really worked. I have lost over 60 pounds of fat without harming my healthy tissue (muscle) since starting. I feel as if I discovered a secret cure to weight gain.

    It may help you, too. You can learn more, and even see testimonials from others this has worked for, www.houstonhcgmedical.com. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete